Moana Medical Centre COVID-19 protocols
Following the opening of the South Australian borders, we are doing our utmost to ensure the protection and wellbeing of our patients and staff. To enable this, we have put the following processes into place:
– a concierge service will be located at our front door,
– we will have an entry and exit door,
– all patients and visitors must ring reception staff on arrival,
– wearing a mask in a healthcare setting is mandatory for all, other than children under 12 years of age. Please put on your surgical mask correctly (covering mouth and nose) before approaching the building,
– please use the hand sanitiser provided, before entering and exiting the surgery,
– if you are in any way symptomatic, or if our waiting room is at capacity, we may request you to wait in your car for your appointment
– patients who are not double vaccinated may also be asked to wait until a doctor can assess them and discuss their needs.
We are asking all patients when booking an appointment if they:
– are symptomatic with flu-like symptoms, including cough, fever, sore throat, or breathing difficulties (including hay fever),
– or have symptoms of diarrhoea, nausea, headaches, or loss of taste or smell,
– are associated with any person who has a confirmed COVID-19 infection,
– have had a positive COVID-19 result in the previous 14 days,
– or waiting for a PCR result.
If a patient is deemed high risk, they may be asked to attend one of the dedicated COVID-19 Clinics.
Patients with flu like symptoms, nausea, headaches or loss of taste or smell will be asked to wait in their car for the doctor to attend them.
We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. Although we have a new look reception area, and changes continue evolve, you can be assured that we will continue to do our best to provide the same warm and caring service that you are accustomed to.
Please help us help our local community by keeping us informed of any symptoms you might be experiencing.